Cellomatics Biosciences Ltd has a vacancy for a Bioassay Study Manager to join our operations at BioCity Nottingham, UK.
Cellomatics Biosciences Ltd. is a specialised Contract Research Organisation (CRO) providing pre-clinical and clinical laboratory services to clients to support their research and development activities.
- Undertake laboratory work as required and be responsible for drafting SOPs, COSHH as relevant
- Provide technical expertise and develop the technical capabilities of the department
- Keep abreast of regulatory and scientific guidelines and industry expectations and contribute to the establishment and delivery of appropriate services within the department.
- Provide expert advice on specific projects to colleagues and clients, maintaining awareness of current trends, issues and developments.
- Take a lead on method development, method transfer, method validation and optimization.
- Taking a lead role in problem resolution and ensure that the conduct and reporting of the project complies with the requirements of GLP, including review of data and production of scientific reports.
- Maintain stock of reagents and consumables required for client projects
- Continually seek to identify opportunities for and lead improvements in quality, productivity and automation and the introduction of new tests and techniques.
- Assist the scientific team in securing GLP and ISO accreditation
- Assist in obtaining new business and in client inspection visits.
- Develop and maintain training programme modules in own area of expertise to meet client requirements and realise individual potential.
- Assist in the implementation of new equipment, IT systems and procedures / processes.
- Master’s degree in Cell and Molecular Biology (PhD is desirable).
- Experience of working in a regulatory environment, ideally GLP.
- Previous experience in airway epithelial cell culture and histology techniques. Experience in immunoassays, cell based functional and molecular assays is desirable but not essential.
- Proven skills and experience in designing and trouble-shooting the technologies used in the section/department.
- High level understanding of the techniques used in their field of expertise.
- Demonstrated skills in scientific collaborations and good publication record in peer reviewed journals.
- High level of interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
What we offer:
Our benefits package includes a competitive salary; performance-related bonus rewards; flexible working options and access to an on-site Cafe. This position is based at our BioCity Nottingham office.