- A first stage graduate laboratory position in Industrial Drug Discovery.
- To generate high quality data to agreed timelines in support of the drug screening strategy of our company
- Leverage novel assay protocols to investigate the underlying biology behind our core technology portfolio, and help develop new assay tools to aid in drug discovery.
- Ensure the biology department works collaboratively with other functions within our company, including delivery of detailed reports for the progression of candidate compounds.
- Ensure suitable experimental laboratory records are maintained to comply with industry standards and to protect the IP of our company.
- Comply with the health and safety standards, and lead through example in ensuring the safe conduct of laboratory practice.
- Contribute to the publication of novel scientific papers and use existing literature to design and improve the scientific capabilities.
- Ensure proactive and efficient laboratory practice by implementing and adhering to and developing internal organisational structures.
- To develop the skills and knowledge required to become independent in data analysis and interpretation.
- Work with senior personnel and the Head of Biology to maintain continuous professional development.
- Work with senior scientists and your peers to execute the biology R&D strategy to agreed time lines and quality standards.
- Foster a positive relationship with other departments, particularly chemistry, in order to organise the receipt of compounds, testing in suitable assays and delivery of data.
- Work collaboratively with designated consultants, CROsand academics/clinicians to deliver data to agreed timelines.
- Work with senior scientists and peers to identify opportunities that improve the biology capabilities.
- Presentation of data and its impact at internal biology and project meetings.
- Represent the science and vision of Mironid in a positive light at all times, both internally and externally.
- Take up roles as determined by the Head of Biology in order to facilitate the smooth running of the biology department.
- Provide technical support through data generation to the Company’s patent attorneys to ensure effective protection of the IP portfolio.
- Attend and contribute to the biology and science team meetings and promulgate the Company’s science strategy and goals.
Skills / Experience
- A requirement for consideration for this role is the demonstration in your CV, covering letter and potential interview of the following;
- Minimum of a 2ii honours degree in pharmacology or biochemistry or a related subject that demonstrates quantitative assessment of drug/inhibitor action. Knowledge of second messenger signalling systems is also an asset.
- The ability to perform the necessary calculations to perform independent experiments and data analysis.
- An understanding of the basic principles of drug/inhibitor target interactions and some of the simple equations that describe these interactions.
- Be proactive in the pursuit of one’s own aspirations and career development.
- Show enthusiasm and drive for drug discovery and scientific research within the industrial sector.
- An ability to work collaboratively with a motivated and diverse set of individuals.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
Mironid's biology laboratories located in central Glasgow.