Cellomatics Biosciences Ltd has a vacancy for a Business Development Manager to join our operations at BioCity Nottingham, UK.
Cellomatics Biosciences Ltd. is a specialised Contract Research Organisation (CRO) providing pre-clinical and clinical laboratory services to clients to support their research and development activities. The Company has its office and laboratory based at BioCity Nottingham, UK.
The successful candidate will join our small, friendly team and will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer [CEO].
About the Job:
- Responsible for designing and delivering key elements of the promotional plan to strengthen our position in a highly competitive market.
- Contact clients with standard inquiries (i.e. clarifying baseline price / quote information, proposal delivery logistics, etc). Use different modes of contacting including emails, telephone and skype calls, personal visits.
- Reviews price/quote requests to ensure initial understanding of client requirements and assists CEO with managing various aspects of quote, proposal and RFI (request for information) development for assigned opportunities.
- Ensures timely and consistent delivery of assigned proposals to clients
- Performs data entry into databases, as appropriate (e.g. updates, proposal number requests and generating both regularly scheduled and impromptu reports)
- Liaise with the Shipment companies to generate and negotiate shipment prices.
- Coordinates the shipment of biological specimens from the client site to Cellomatics/Partner Laboratories
- Identify and generate customer contacts/leads to further the sales of the services provided by the company.
- Education/Qualifications Bachelors degree in a scientific field (Business management qualification desirable)
- Experience Direct CRO/pharma or other business-related Experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and ability to be persistent while maintaining tact
- Demonstrated computer skills – requires excellent MS Office Experience (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to plan, multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrated teamwork, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Experience in a scientific or logistics environment is a plus
- Proven ability to work independently
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with clients
- Positive attitude and sense of urgency
What we offer:
Our benefits package includes a competitive salary with performance related commission; flexible working options and access to an on-site Cafe. This position is based at our BioCity Nottingham office.