Econic Technologies is a young, highly innovative, and fast growing chemical technology company. This means we are relocating our business headquarters and research activities to Alderley Park from January 2017, expanding both our laboratory facilities and our technical team.
Econic develop and commercialise novel catalyst technologies to build CO2 into polycarbonates, polyurethanes and other polymers. Our top-class Research & Development team is currently looking for a Catalyst Development Chemist to enable us to further our development program for CO2/epoxide copolymerisation catalysts. This role will be based in Alderley Park with an initial training period in London up to end December 2016.
For more details on Econic please see our website: www.econic-technologies.com and our LinkedIn page: http://www.linkedin.com/company/econic-technologies-limited?trk=top_nav_home
To thrive in this role, you will need be innovative, have a good knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be resourceful and self-motivated.
To work within our Research and Development team to:
- Design innovative new catalyst targets
- Synthesise, purify and characterise multidentate/macrocyclic ligands and their complexes
- Provide robust data to support customer adoption of Econic technology
- Meet commercial targets
- Tackle a range of activities which arise from an expanding science business
- PhD or equivalent industrial experience in synthetic organic chemistry with an emphasis on ligand synthesis
- Use of standard spectroscopic techniques for characterisation (NMR, MS, IR etc.)
- Designing new synthetic pathways to targets
- Good knowledge of safe lab practices and a proactive approach to lab safety
- Excellent technical synthetic laboratory skills, in particular for the synthesis and purification of organic compounds
- Ability to perform research independently and as part of a team
- Basic IT skills and familiarity with MS Office, ChemDraw, etc
Eligibility and Expectations
In order to qualify for this position you will need to be authorised to live and work in the UK.
You must have respect for others and a commitment and enthusiasm for high standards and continuous improvement
At Econic Technologies we value diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome employees who meet the requirements of the job, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, disability, age religion or sexual orientation.