BioCity Nottingham houses a number of exciting start-up and growing companies in the life sciences sector in its 130,000 sq ft of office and laboratory space. The facility comprises 3 buildings on one site in Nottingham city.
Reporting to the Director of BioCity Nottingham, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing the provision of premises and tenant support services through the Facilities, Reception and Security Teams;
- Ensuring the appearance and operation of the facilities is well maintained, including planning and overseeing refurbishments such as lab/office changes;
- Managing the premises budget for BioCity Nottingham- preparing budget in the final quarter of each year and ensuring budget to actual variance is minimised;
- Conduct ‘show around’s and negotiate lease terms for new potential tenants;
- Account management of the existing tenant companies to ensure maximum customer satisfaction;
- Working with site engineering team to resolve problems affecting the services and building infrastructure;
- Management of an overall team of 7 staff for the delivery of facilities support, reception, security and delivery dock management;
- Management of third party suppliers/contractors (e.g. waste management, cleaning, IT, telecoms, central service equipment) to ensure high standards of service provision are achieved;
- Developing and maintaining a regular schedule of monitoring reviews to ensure maintenance (via Quarterly Maintenance Reviews), health and safety and other tasks are undertaken promptly and to the necessary standards to ensure appearance, safety and compliance of the site is maintained
- Responsible for Health & Safety for the site and working within BioCity Group Health & Safety framework
- Developing and maintaining appropriate information systems in order to monitor performance and cost to ensure services are being delivered to appropriate levels of quality and within budget.
- Liaising with Strategic Operations Director and other staff on special projects and becoming involved as necessary;
- Other activities as required to ensure the smooth running of the facility
- Liaising with incoming/expanding/relocating tenants to assess requirements (e.g. furniture, telecoms etc)
- Managing the set up/expansion/relocation (internal or external) of physical tenants (telecoms, security cards etc) through the Facilities, Engineering and Security Teams.
- Delivering site and staff inductions, including Health & Safety, emergency procedures, BioCity procedures.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A proven track record in facilities management
- Experience of working on multi-tenanted sites
- A strong understanding and commitment to highest levels of customer service
- Experience of working in management and/or maintenance of laboratory facilities
- A strong background in Health & Safety
- Proven experience of managing facilities or premises budgets
- Good communication and people management skills
- A willingness to learn and grow with the role
- Type: Full-time
- Experience: Mid-Senior level
- Functions: Management