Medilink UK is a national health technology business support organisation, with a strong track record in increasing the viability of manufacturers, service providers, designers, OEMs and suppliers of medical technology and life science products. Confronting the day-to-day issues that face businesses, Medilink UK helps companies from concept through to commercialisation, nurturing collaborations between academics, clinicians and industry. Medilink UK already provides a range of support services, and is now expanding activities within the skills arena.
As part of this expansion, Medilink East and West Midlands are seeking to employ two full time Project Leaders to both manage and deliver the skills programmes we are presently engaged in, and also to develop new skills-related opportunities and programmes. We are looking for conscientious, results-orientated team players able to establish valued professional relationships with clients.
Operating from our bases in Nottingham and Birmingham, activities will initially focus on Central England, but have the potential to expand to across the whole country.
Salary - £32,000- 36,000
Main duties and responsibilities
- To develop and co-ordinate accredited training programmes in response to employer needs
- To develop and co-ordinate a Traineeship Programme to SME’s
- To identify and maintain partner links with key stakeholders to capitalise on opportunities of interest to employers and promote the skills programmes
- Deliver programme targets
- Keep full and accurate records using systems provided
- Perform other duties as required
- Understanding and experience of the skills and training landscape
- Understanding of the further and higher education sector
- Understanding of the Skills Funding Agency, funding systems, and qualification and apprenticeship frameworks
- Hold a full UK driving licence and have own transport
- Confidence in discussing skills and training needs with individuals and businesses with the aim of meeting targets
- Experience of the life sciences sector
- Relevant industrial experience
- Assessor qualification
- Degree level education