Due to on-going success we have fantastic opportunities for talented individuals to join our dynamic business located at MediCity, Nottingham.
Experts in formulation, analytical and regulatory requirements, Co-Formulate provide a comprehensive range of services to clients in the pharmaceutical, consumer healthcare and personal care industries. With state of the art laboratories and processing facilities the team of scientists undertake development activities across all major dosage formats, including age-appropriate paediatric and geriatric formulations.
This is an exciting time for someone to join a growing team in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to success.
As the Formulation Scientist you will conduct formulation development work including pre-formulation, formulation characterisation, process development and scale-up. You’ll transfer formulations and manufacturing processes into GMP clinical manufacturing, with input on manufacturing protocols, validation criteria and other key parameters and write experimental protocols and reports.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- To provide formulation input into project teams
- To plan experiments and write protocols, according to an agreed work schedule
- To prepare and characterise formulations
- Organise and ensure satisfactory manufacture of clinical and stability batches
- Working in a safe responsible manner at all times
- Keeping detailed and accurate records of all work undertaken
- Accurate analysis and calculation of results, in line with written Protocol and/or SOPs of the company
- To write internal and external reports as necessary
- Draft relevant regulatory submission documents
- To communicate progress of projects effectively to senior managers
- Routine cleaning and general laboratory maintenance duties, as required
- Minimum degree level qualification in pharmacy or chemistry related discipline
- Relevant work experience in formulation development, ideally within a pharmaceutical or consumer healthcare environment
- Experience of working with third party clients is desirable
- Experience of operating in multi-disciplinary project teams
As well as offering ongoing training we offer flexible working, private healthcare and life assurance, 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) & group pension plan.
How To Apply:
Please send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter.