- Hours of Work: 42.5 hours (6:30am – 3:30pm with 30 mins break) Mon to Fri
- Closing date for applications: Wednesday 15th April 2015.
- Interview dates: 21st and 22nd April 2015.
We are looking for a passionate, dynamic, driven professional who has the ability to lead and train a team whilst developing our hospitality offer. This is a fantastic opportunity for a rounded, talented individual who is comfortable cooking quality, fresh food for discerning guests. You must also be confident controlling budgets, costing menus, managing costs and guiding staff to achieve KPI’s. This role has an opportunity to grow and expand over the next 2 years, so if your ambition matches ours, the sky’s the limit.
At BioCity we have an on-site café coupled with a conferencing and banqueting offer, we are currently developing our product and looking for an individual who is able to use their extensive food knowledge to advance our menu whilst achieving budgeted targets. You must have a passion for excellence, be innovative and embrace change. This is an exciting new position where you will have autonomy over the menu and the support to grow.
The role of Head Chef / Kitchen Manager has 3 main areas of responsibility:
- The preparation of high quality, fresh food for the on-site café and conference rooms.
- The delivery of service excellence
- The management of employees, budgets and finance to achieve KPI’s.
- A minimum 2+ years of experience in a senior position in a similar environment
- Good knowledge of both food safety and health and safety with certification
- Can ensure compliance of the kitchen and staff to all safety regulations
- Must be computer literate
- Ability to write and cost menus
- An accomplished negotiator
- Experience of cash handling
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Shows a commitment to exceeding customer expectations
- Must have knowledge of profit and loss accounts and budget management
- Confident ordering, stocktaking and managing supply chain whilst increasing efficiency
- Comfortable liaising with clients with a polished, professional approach
- Ability to lead and train your team
- Experience of Conference & Banqueting events
- A strong leadership and management skill set
As Head Chef / Kitchen Manager you will lead by example and have a positive, flexible attitude, working to the highest levels to ensure that BioCity standards are maintained at all times. If you feel you have the skills and knowledge to succeed in this stimulating role to not hesitate to apply today.