AdamsonJones is a professional firm offering specialised legal services in the field of Intellectual Property (patents, trademarks, designs and copyright). Due to the continued growth of the business, an opportunity has arisen for a full time Office Administrator to join our Administration Team to provide secretarial support and assistance.
The suitable candidate will be self-confident with good communication skills and must be comfortable working with IT systems. A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) is essential whilst full training will be provided for other specialised programs.
The role will involve working as part of an established team but will also require working on own initiative. Prioritising workload is a must, along with attention to detail.
Duties to include:
- Reception duties including answering the telephone, meeting visitors and making drinks when required and ensuring the meeting room is cleared of crockery after meetings.
- Processing all incoming and outgoing mail, including scanning and archiving correspondence to electronic document management system (no paper files), before being distributed to intended recipient.
- Arranging documents to be sent by courier, tracking shipment and obtaining delivery report.
- Archiving all outgoing emails sent by the Technical team (Patent Attorneys and Technical Assistants), into electronic files.
- Maintenance of physical files containing important “original documents” (executed Assignment documents and the like), including updating filing index.
- Maintenance of stationery stock and ordering new items when required or as requested.
- Providing general administrative assistance to the Administration Team.