BioHub at Alderley Park are currently in the final stages of commissioning an open access analytics laboratory to support tenant companies, and have an opening for an analytical scientist to support the instrumentation in the laboratory, develop new methodology, and undertake analytical contracts in their own right.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a degree in chemistry or analytical chemistry, and at least 5 years experience in a modern analytical laboratory, primarily in the use of UPLC/MS for compound characterization and isolation. Hands-on experience with Waters instrumentation and software (particularly MassLynx and OpenLynx) would be a significant advantage, as would experience with SFC and NMR.
Reporting to: Group Head of Lab Services
Location: The role will be based in the BioHub at Alderley Park in Cheshire.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for efficiently managing LC-MS and NMR open access facilities
- Routine analysis and method development using LC-MS, SFC-MS and NMR
- Provide leadership and training to clients within the BioHub for LC-MS and NMR services
- Produce marketing and promotional material for the NMR and MS services
- Maintain and update knowledge of all aspects of the facilities, keeping abreast of new development, techniques and instrumentation
Master’s degree or Ph.D degree in Biological Sciences, Analytical Chemistry, Bio analytical Chemistry or a related science.
- A minimum of one year experience running LC, MS and NMR instrumentation
- Creativity and the ability to use initiative
- Good oral, written and communication skills.
- Motivation to investigate solutions for complex problems
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of specialized analysis software for LC, MS and NMR (Masslynx, Openlynx, and IconNMR).
- Use of basic computer programs (e.g. MS office)
- Entrepreneurial and financial abilities would be advantageous
- Annual leave: 25 + bank holidays
- Hours of work: 37.5 hours (8.30am to 5pm with 1hour break) Mon to Fri
How to apply:
If you feel you have the skills and knowledge to succeed in this stimulating role apply today.
Send your CV, covering letter including details of your experience, salary and current notice period to: email@example.com
Closing date for Application: 1 June
Date for Interview: TBC