Based at: BioHub at Alderley Park
Reporting to: Incubation Manager (BioCity Nottingham)
BioHub at Alderley Park has an open access analytics laboratory to support tenant companies, and have an opening for a lab manager to manage the day to day activities of the laboratory, develop new technology capabilities, and manage and expand the current commercial opportunities within the group.
- Minimum two years’ experience in operating, maintaining and troubleshooting UPLC/MS
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D degree in Analytical Chemistry, Bioanalytical Chemistry or a related science
- Experience of using Waters software- MassLynx, AutoPurify and Open Lynx
- Experience of working with Waters instrumentation, LC/MS and UPC2
- Experience in sample preparation for mass spectrometry
- Passion for customers: Proactive in engaging customers in the development or identification of solutions.
- Planning and organizing: Able to plan and organize tasks and work, set priorities, schedules activities and allocates and the use of the resources to achieve objectives efficiently and promptly.
- Flexibility: Remains open-minded and changes opinions on the basis of new information; manage transitions from task to task effectively; adapts to varying customers need
- Initiative and Creativity: Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, undertake additional responsibilities, responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision, creates novel solutions to problems and evaluates new technology as potential solutions to existing problems.
- Commercial Awareness: Has a broad understanding of the business interest of the BioHub and knowledge of the issues facing the company and the environment in which it operates. Knowledge of monthly accounting and managing P & L accounts.
- Experience of operating NMR spectrometers and interpreting data
- Excellent IT skills – MS office, data archiving, back up, email and report writing
- Efficiently managing the laboratory
- Routine analysis and method development using UPLC-MS, FractionLynx Autoprep with MS,SFC-MS and NMR technologies
- Providing leadership and training to clients within the BioHub for LC-MS and NMR services
- Producing marketing and promotional material for the NMR and MS services
- Expanding the current commercial opportunities from local tenants or external to BioHub
- Keeping abreast of new development, techniques and instrumentation
- Ensuring good laboratory practice and acting within the interest of the company
- Ensuring safety for all work carried out in the laboratory and applying appropriate safety procedures in the dedicated areas for that work.
- Supervising laboratory stocks, and keeping a record of all laboratory activities
Other important information
- Working pattern:37.5 hours per week. onday to Friday, usually 8.30am to 5pm with 1 hour unpaid lunch
- 33 days annual leave per year, including your pro-rata entitlement in respect of the 8 recognised bank and public holidays.
- Stakeholder pension scheme (with contribution from the Company equal to 3% of salary) after successful completion of probationary period
If you feel you have the right skills and knowledge to succeed in this stimulating role please send your CV, covering letter including details of your experience, and current notice period to: Louise.email@example.com