To work closely with laboratory staff to ensure that experimental and data processing aspects of in vitro DMPK transporter studies are performed to a high standard and within scheduled time frames.
There is currently a vacancy in the Drug Transporter group based in the Biohub at Alderley Park.
- Preferably a minimum of an MSc in a life science field with experience (minimum of 3 years) of working within a laboratory environment. Direct experience in DMPK transporter assays would be required. Additionally, extensive experience of processing, critiquing and reporting data would be expected.
- Strong knowledge of general laboratory processes is essential and experience in cell culture techniques is desirable.
- Previous experience of in vitro cell-based or vesicle-based transporter assays via radiometric or LC-MS/MS endpoints is desirable.
- Support high and low throughput DMPK transporter assays for commercial as well as research and development activities.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling and conducting routine assays, and processing data to a high quality, within specified time frames.
- To drive progress of assay development projects.
- To work closely with the Information Systems team to improve internal systems and processes.
- Help support and train Lab Assistants within the team.
- To monitor and maintain stock consumables where required.
- To be responsible for the validation and routine maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Perform cell culture using aseptic techniques.
- Assist in data analysis and interpretation.
- To follow safety regulations and quality control procedures.
- To keep up to date with scientific advances, developments and regulatory guidelines in the area of drug transporter science and to inform the team of relevant developments.
- Proactively takes responsibility to improve performance and efficiency of team processes.
- To provide troubleshooting support.
- Takes responsibility to improve performance without the need for guidance and effectively communicates this to the Team Leader /team.
Skills & Competencies
- Highly self-motivated and personable.
- Able to communicate effectively within a team environment.
- Able to organise daily tasks, to frequently work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Highly adaptable to work effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Possess excellent attention to detail, performing work to an exceptionally high standard, and within company and statutory safety regulations.
- Able to use initiative to solve problems and troubleshoot with the assistance of other members of the team.
- Should be computer literate with previous experience using Microsoft Office.
- To gain a knowledge and understanding drug transporter assays and how they are utilised for DMPK/ADMET processes in drug discovery and development.
- To work in a highly motivated commercial environment.
- To gain a sound understanding of the theory behind cell-based transporter assays including assay set up and validation.