Lhasa Limited is a rapidly growing not-for-profit company and educational charity, with an enviable reputation for collaborative scientific development. Our world leading software and database systems are used globally in pharmaceutical, cosmetics, chemical, agrochemical and other sectors for the prediction of toxicity, metabolism and degradation. Our continued success means that we are constantly seeking additional people to work with us and this role will be based in Leeds or Manchester and will involve regular travel between the two.
(Full Time, permanent)
£33,434 - £42,377 + 34 Days Holiday + Generous Pension
What is the role?
The role offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our Project Management Team. You will lead a significant project for the organisation following the Agile Process. This will be a varied and challenging role with opportunities for suggesting and implementing continuous improvement.
Who are we looking for?
You will have experience of leading Agile Projects and be able to work efficiently and responsibly without close supervision. Similarly you will be able to work effectively in a team environment and will be able to demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills.
What do we offer?
Based in Leeds or Manchester and working alongside exceptionally talented colleagues developing meaningful scientific software that supports the delivery of lifeenhancing products which make a positive contribution to a reduction in animal testing.
Our charitable status enables us to make altruistic decisions for the public benefit and to work with some of the leading organisations in the world to really make a difference. Lhasa’s collaborative approach is widely trusted by our member organisations and ensures that we are able to access privileged information helping our people to gain the job satisfaction that arises from working on something special.
Salary will be in the range of £33,434 - £42,377 plus benefits depending on qualifications and relevant experience. Lhasa provides a generous pension scheme together with 34 days personal holiday allowance plus statutory holidays.
Summary of the Role
The Project Manager will work under the guidance of the Senior Project Manager and will initially be focused on leading a significant Project within the organisation. This role will be based in Leeds or Manchester and will involve regular travel between the two. The Project Manager will report to the Senior Project Manager.
- Drive project activities to ensure project success following an Agile Process.
- Manage a project team across different geographical locations.
- Manage task breakdown, risk assessment and project planning (or agile equivalent).
- Monitor and control activities throughout the project lifecycle (or agile equivalent).
- Ensure that project processes are implemented and followed (or agile equivalent).
- Make appropriate and necessary decisions on the project relating to administration and control.
- Review RAID log with project team – taking ownership of solutions (or agile equivalent).
- Ensure that project issues, conflicts and disagreements are identified and quickly resolved.
- Manage the Lessons Learned process on the project (or agile equivalent).
- Ensure that all project-related documents are produced in a timely fashion, kept up to date and are made accessible to the project team and company employees by being placed in the correct folders.
- Develop and deliver improvements to Project Management Team and emphasise the need for Continuous Improvement to the Project Team (in agile framework).
- Support Project Team in all quality related activities.
- Advise on Project Management Standards, processes and procedures – challenging any that become a constraint.
- Experience of toxicology, drug development and/ or the pharmaceutical industry beneficial.
- Establish and maintain appropriate relationships to help ensure that tasks are completed on time and to agreed quality standards.
- Day to day work planning against objectives set by Line Manager.
- Manage project budget.
- Report project performance on a monthly basis.
- Escalate problems to the Senior Project Manager.
- Present updates on project at Company Briefings.
- Initiate, organise and attend project meetings with appropriate members of the project team and ensure that agendas and minutes are produced, circulated and acted upon in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the project team is kept fully informed about tasks required of them and their roles on projects.
- Ensure that the project management area of the intranet is updated on a regular basis for the project.
- Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities which may be reasonably expected of the role as necessary to achieve the objectives of the Project Management Team, Operations and company goals.
Policies and procedures
- To comply with all relevant company policies and procedures.
- To complete all documents and records as required by the company policies and procedures.
How to apply:
Join us if you want your career to make a positive impact for yourself and others. For further information on Lhasa Limited and to obtain an application pack, please visit www.lhasalimited.org
Job reference number: LL/17/16.
Closing Date: 12th July 2016