High Force Research Ltd
A QC Scientist is required for a permanent position with High Force Research based at Bowburn (Durham). The Bowburn facility offers contract GMP and R&D manufacturing and testing services to a variety of sectors including pharmaceutical.
In this new role the QC Scientist will:
undertake analytical work
- Perform chemical analysis of raw materials, intermediates, inprocess control samples, final bulk and reference materials. Techniques used at HFR are as follows; HPLC (Assay and % area), GLC (Headspace and liquids), NMR (1H and 13C), FT-IR (ALS), Karl Fischer (Volumetric), UV and classical techniques such as titration, sulphated ash and loss on drying.
- Sample bulks
- Create certificates of analysis
- Upkeep of the department Kanban management system
- Help keep the laboratory clean and tidy
- Orderly archive of samples and paperwork
Undertake QA work
- Reviewing work and procedures
- Risk assessment review
- Implement new procedures
- Assist with deviations, CAPA and OOS
- Supervise despatches
- Interested candidates should have at least GCSEs, including English (B), Mathematics (B), Science (B), and three A levels (one being Chemistry) (C)
- A degree in chemistry is preferable
- At least two years of QC laboratory experience
- Experience of working in a GMP environment
- Able to use Word and Excel
Working Week: 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday (37.5 hours).
Probation period: 6 months, the position becomes permanent after this interval provided minimum training requirements have been met.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should apply in writing by email, enclosing a CV and covering letter to Zoe Lilburn at email@example.com before 30 January 2017
If you have not been contacted within seven days of the closing date, then unfortunately your application has not been successful.