Econic Technologies is a young, highly innovative, and fast growing chemical technology company. This means we are relocating our business headquarters and research activities to Alderley Park from January 2017, expanding both our laboratory facilities and our technical team. Econic develop and commercialise novel catalyst technologies to build CO2 into polycarbonates, polyurethanes and other polymers.
Our top-class polymerisation team is currently looking for a reactor technologist to help support their research and development activities by carrying out a variety of high pressure polymerisations, providing instrument support and helping with laboratory logistics. This role will be based in Alderley Park with the potential of an initial training period in London, depending on start date.
For more details on Econic please see our website: www.econic-technologies.com and our LinkedIn page: http://www.linkedin.com/company/econic-technologies-limited?trk=top_nav_home
To thrive in this role, you’ll need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills; have a high level of initiative, be resourceful and self-motivated.
To provide support for the research and customer development programmes within Econic, including:
- Conduct polymerisation experiments using high pressure equipment.
- Perform polymer analysis using a variety of techniques including NMR, DSC, TGA, GPC, and conduct routine maintenance of the relevant in-house equipment.
- Manage stock levels of key consumables and equipment for the reactor user group.
- Implement routine maintenance and improvement modifications on pressurised reactor systems, including work with Swagelok fittings.
- Record all work and outcomes in a clear, organised and comprehensive manner.
- Candidates require at least a 2:1 BSc in Chemistry or a closely related discipline and a minimum of one year experience working in a chemistry laboratory in a relevant research or industrial environment.
- Basic IT skills and familiarity with MS Office suite, ChemDraw, etc.
- Rigorous, accurate experimentation, record keeping and data analysis.
- Good knowledge of safe lab practices and a proactive approach to lab safety
- Good chemistry skills and knowledge of standard laboratory techniques.
- The ability to express ideas and results in clearly spoken and written form.
- The ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Eligibility and Expectations
In order to qualify for this position you will need to be authorised to live and work in the UK.
You must have respect for others and a commitment and enthusiasm for high standards and continuous improvement.
At Econic Technologies we value diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome employees who meet the requirements of the job, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, disability, age, religion or sexual orientation.