Aurelia Bioscience is a contract research organisation providing cell and biochemical-based assay development, compound screening and pharmacological profiling expertise to clients within the Life Science sector. Clients include pharmaceutical companies, drug discovery SME’s, research institutes, academics and reagent/instrument manufacturers.
Aurelia Bioscience seeks to recruit a bioscientist to join our company at Biocity Nottingham on a full time permanent basis. We offer a stimulating and exciting bio-based drug discovery environment where we value individual contribution, innovation and creativity, and in return, offer a competitive package, friendly and collaborative work surroundings, and a unique opportunity to develop your skills amongst highly experienced drug discovery professionals with expertise in a number of technology disciplines.
The main purpose of your role will be as a laboratory based scientist with responsibilities to…
- Evaluate the activity of client compounds in a variety of cell and biochemical-based assays
- Participate in mammalian cell culture, maintaining cell lines and preparing micro-well plates for screening purposes
- Conduct high throughput screening activities
In order to be considered for the role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and/or experience preferably gained in biotech or Pharma environment
- A life science degree in a relevant biological discipline
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture
- Previous experience of developing assays in the absence of pre-defined protocols
- Good team player, adaptable and flexible with multi-tasking and time management skills
Additional experience in techniques including high content imaging or molecular biology would be desirable but not essential.
This is a challenging role within a small but growing organisation dedicated to providing appropriate approaches to problem solving and developing new and innovative techniques.
The salary will be highly competitive and commensurate with laboratory experience and other relevant skills.
Aurelia Bioscience is an Equal Opportunity employer that welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria. Only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered.