RUDD317 – Formulation Lead/Scientist
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 300 talented individuals in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success.
People join Quotient Clinical because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Learning and development is at the heart of our culture at Quotient and you will be given every opportunity to reach your potential with us. You’ll be recognised for your contribution and rewarded with genuine career development, a competitive salary & a whole host of benefits.
As a Formulation Scientist you will conduct formulation development work including pre-formulation and formulation characterisation whilst supporting development and validation of radiolabelling methods for clinical studies. You’ll transfer formulation and radiolabelling methods into GMP clinical manufacturing, with input on manufacturing protocols, validation criteria and other key parameters and write experimental protocol and reports.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- To plan experiments and write protocols, according to an agreed work schedule
- To prepare and characterise formulations
- To perform radiolabelling method development, validation activities
- Working in a safe responsible manner at all times and towards the implementation of GLP and GMP
- Storage, use and disposal of Radioactive Isotopes in line with regulatory requirements and PP SOPs, to include liaising with Radiation Protection Supervisor (RPS) or nominated Deputy on any radiation protection issues that may arise.
- Keeping detailed and accurate records of all work undertaken.
- Accurate analysis and calculation of results, in line with written Protocol and /or SOPs of the company.
- To write internal and external reports as necessary.
- To communicate progress of in vitro and in vivo projects effectively to senior managers or Quotient staff as required
- To carry out routine cleaning and general laboratory maintenance duties, as required
- To be aware of the need for confidentiality outside the company
- To perform other duties as reasonably required
- Minimum degree level qualification in pharmacy or chemistry related discipline
- Relevant work experience in formulation development and knowledge on radioisotopes would be desirable but not necessary
- cGMP experience will be an advantage
As well as offering ongoing training we offer flexible working, private healthcare and life assurance, 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) & group pension plan.
We have various recognition and appreciation schemes in place to say ‘Thank you’ to our staff for all their hard work e.g. employee of the quarter, food treats and staff parties. We provide a subsidised restaurant and have free parking at our site in our leafy surroundings just outside Nottingham.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter.