Econic Technologies is a young, highly innovative, and fast growing chemical technology company. Our growth means that we are relocating our business headquarters and research activities to Alderley Park in Cheshire from January 2017, expanding both our laboratory facilities and our technical team.
Econic develop and commercialise novel catalyst technologies to build CO2 into polycarbonates, polyurethanes and other polymers. We are currently looking for a Safety & Laboratory Manager with the experience to manage our top class laboratory facilities and continue to develop our safety systems and culture as we grow. This role will be based in Alderley Park with an initial training period in London up to end December 2016.
To thrive in this role, you will need to have a proven track record in management of safety and facilities in a professional research laboratory environment underpinned by a strong chemistry background. This is critical in an early stage company with both fast growth and evolving needs, where the job-holder is the sole safety professional and required to give independent and extensive advice to the rest of the team. The successful candidate will be able to balance a wide range of activities, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be resourceful and self-motivated.
To work across the Econic team to:
- Define and maintain the company’s OHS policies and efficient supporting systems
- Lead the engagement of the team in delivering compliance and safe working
- Analyse and report performance, audit and incident data
- Manage in-house technical facilities to meet business needs
- Manage day to day operational supply of goods and services to laboratories
- Proactively develop ideas for improvement in safety and facilities
- Minimum BSc or equivalent qualification in chemistry with at least 3-5 years’ experience in role(s) accountable for laboratory safety in a professional research environment.
- Ideally a recognised safety certification, such as NEBOSH General Certificate. If not, the candidate must be able to complete such certification within 6 months of joining Econic.
- Current knowledge of relevant safety regulations and their implications for laboratory management.
- Strong technical knowledge of chemicals and laboratory practices with particular emphasis on synthetic organic chemistry and high pressure reactions.
- Practical ability to design, set-up and work with laboratory experimental facilities.
- An ability to assess new situations, and adapt to evolving needs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Can do attitude with willingness to be involved at all levels of activity and respond flexibly to the needs of a small start-up business.
Eligibility and Expectations
- In order to qualify for this position, you will need to be authorised to live and work in the UK.
- You must have respect for others and a commitment and enthusiasm for high standards and continuous improvement
- At Econic Technologies we value diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome employees who meet the requirements of the job, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, disability, age religion or sexual orientation.
How to apply:
To apply for this role please send your CV with a cover letter to: email@example.com
Closing date: 11/11/2016.