Reach Separations.A specialist outsource analysis and purification provider, is looking to recruit 2 laboratory based staff to help drive their continued expansion into 2014. Operating in a flexible and challenging environment you will get the opportunity to support scientists in a wide variety of fields such as pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, fine chemicals and academia. Successful candidates will continue their professional development by engaging with cutting edge separations technologies and experts in the field.
Reports to: Technical Director
To support Senior Separation Scientists in the day to day running of the HPLC and SFC laboratories at Reach Separations.
Typical work activities:
- Analysis and purification of samples, mainly small molecules, from various industry sectors.
- Interpreting data and adhering to strict guidelines on documentation standards.
- Accurate reporting of scientific results.
- Responsible for several methods at once requiring a high degree of productivity and output.
- Use of a range of analytical techniques, instrumentation and software.
- Developing new techniques for the analysis of small molecules.
- Laboratory inventory management – including ordering and re-stocking.
- Creation and publication of social media.
Personality: Must have a clear focus on high quality science. A natural time-manager who can be flexible with working hours. Has excellent communication skills, keen for new experiences, responsibilities and accountabilities. Able to get on with others and be a team-player. Must be willing to perform the routine laboratory tasks alongside the challenging scientific ones.
Specific Job Skills: Must be familiar with the basics of chromatography based analytical science. Should be capable of standard laboratory manipulations such as preparing solutions to specific concentrations, evaporation techniques, etc.
Computer skills: Must be competent in the use of standard office software, demonstrable skills in spreadsheet manipulation and familiarity with a range of chromatography control software would be an advantage.
Literacy and Numeracy: Must be a competent writer, for both scientific reports, customer interactions and social media creation. Must be capable of complex scientific mathematical calculations
- Candidates should hold a degree in Chemistry, Analytical chemistry or similar field
- Mathematics to A-Level equivalent
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please send a covering letter and C.V. to in pdf format to email@example.com