Reach Separations is looking to recruit a Separation Scientist to aid with the expansion of their facilities at BioCity Nottingham.
The successful candidate will preferably have demonstrable experience in the use of HPLC and/or SFC for the analysis and purification of small molecules from the pharmaceutical, academic, agrochemical and fine chemical sectors.
This role requires an understanding modern analytical techniques. All scientists at Reach Separations are required to maintain awareness and evaluate any new appropriate techniques or instruments to improve the isolation and characterisation of new chemical entities.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the work within the team and will benefit from the experience of working with a group of analytical chemists with diverse capabilities.
To support Senior Separation Scientists in the day to day running of the HPLC and SFC laboratories at Reach Separations.
Typical work activities:
- Analysis and purification of samples, mainly small molecules, from various industry sectors.
- Interpreting data and adhering to strict guidelines on documentation standards.
- Accurate reporting of scientific results.
- Responsible for several methods at once requiring a high degree of productivity and output.
- Use of a range of analytical techniques, instrumentation and software.
- Developing new techniques for the analysis of small molecules.
Personality: Must have a clear focus on high quality science. A natural time-manager who can be flexible with working hours. Has excellent communication skills, keen for new experiences, responsibilities and accountabilities. Able to get on with others and be a team-player. Must be willing to perform the routine laboratory tasks alongside the challenging scientific ones
Specific Job Skills:
- Familiarity with the basics of chromatography based analytical science would be advantageous. Should be capable of standard laboratory manipulations such as preparing solutions to specific concentrations, evaporation techniques, etc.
- Computer skills: Must be competent in the use of standard office software, demonstrable skills in spreadsheet manipulation.
- Literacy and Numeracy: Must be a competent writer, for both scientific reports, customer interactions and social media creation. Must be capable of complex scientific mathematical calculations
A BSc in Chemistry or closely related subject. Preference will be given to candidates with an A-Level or equivalent in Mathematics. Eligibility to work in the UK is essential.
Please send a covering letter explaining why you would like to apply for this position along with your CV, both in pdf format, to email@example.com
- Closing date for applications – 30/4/2015
- Interview dates – May 2015
Negotiable depending on experience – Reach Separations' operates an “upper quartile” policy on remuneration packages.
- RT @SygnatureDiscov: @Notts_Business reports the success of @BioCity_Nottm and @SygnatureDiscov in the @FT FT1000 list of Europe's fastest-… Posted 16 days ago
- RT @BioCity: Extremely proud to feature in the inaugural @FT #FT1000 list of Europe's fastest-growing companies. https://t.co/rT61joV59u h… Posted 16 days ago
- RT @CQKathy: Life sciences 'Discovery' building wouldn't be possible without @SygnatureDiscov & CEO Simon Hirst #creativequarter https://t.… Posted 23 days ago
- RT @MediCityUK: Vote for @NuVisBio in #pitchatpalace Peoples Choice Award & help sightsaving innovation #Omnigen get to the palace https://… Posted 26 days ago