Job role: The Meeting Space Events Manager
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours (8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday)
Closing date for applications: Friday 1 May 2015
Interview dates: Monday 11 and Tuesday 12 May 2015
We are looking for a passionate, dynamic, driven professional who has the ability to develop and create conferences, meetings, and events within the life sciences and healthcare sectors across the BioCity group venues. This is a fantastic opportunity for a rounded, talented individual who is comfortable with proactive sales, event management, and taking the lead on all aspects of business development.
The Meeting Space Events Manager will assist the Head of The Meeting Space with developing and creating new self-created and self-managed events, and business development of the Meeting Space brand across the BioCity Group, at BioCity Nottingham, MediCity, and BioCity Scotland. They will utilise sales strategies to generate new business within the life sciences and healthcare sectors, and following through by planning, delivering, and event managing the conferences and events, both for the BioCity group and the new clients. They will also play a key role in managing relationships with key clients and stakeholders; assisting the Head of The Meeting Space in developing a strong and comprehensive pipeline of Meeting Space bookings across the group sites.
Time will be split between BioCity Nottingham, MediCity Nottingham, and BioCity Scotland with a key focus on BioCity Scotland and MediCity Nottingham for large event enquiries. The role will be primarily based at MediCity Nottingham.
- Good knowledge of conferencing and events
- Excellent planning and personal management
- A determined attitude with excellent problem solving skills
- Proactive sales experience with proven results
- Comfortable liaising with clients with a professional approach
- Confidence with business development and networking
- Have the desire to help The Meeting Space brand become the ‘best in its field’
How to apply
If you feel you have the skills and knowledge to succeed in this stimulating role, do not hesitate to apply today.
Send your CV, and covering letter including detaiols of salary expectations and current notice period to: email@example.com
- @press4attention welcome! Hope you enjoyed your first week with us @BioCity_Nottm Posted 23 days ago
- Tune in to @BBC news tonight at 6pm & 10 pm to find out what we have been up to today with @AzoticTech https://t.co/Bix5Em2xLQ Posted 62 days ago
- Exciting day filming with @BBCSimonJack @BBC & @AzoticTech https://t.co/JpsuST3r3n Posted 62 days ago