World Class Laboratories...
More than 130,000 sq ft. of state-of-the-art fully fitted chemistry and biology laboratories and office space
Tailored Bench Space to 3,000 sqft Laboratories:
- All inclusive service charge: Protecting your business from the uncertainty of price increases in energy, water; allowing you to plan accurately
- Flexible tenancy agreements: Just 3 months notice; allowing you to increase or decrease the amount of space you need as the business demands. (Typical lease terms are five years)
- Central lab facilities including Autoclave, Glasswash, drying oven, de-ionised water, ice maker, washing machine and tumble drier.
- Secure environment: 24/7 security. The site has a red wall perimeter fence, 15 security cameras and on-site security
- Car Parking: 570 parking spaces plus dedicated visitor parking
- Reception services
- High speed broadband
- Funding: The site location qualifies for Regional Selective Assistance (tier2) funding. In addition, Business Premises Renovation Allowance and UK Steel Enterprises may support regeneration with qualifying businesses
- Cleaning: Office waste removal and cleaning of communal areas
- Additional services: Chemical waste services, compressed air, vacuum and all laboratories have piping for gases
- Facilities training: BioCity organises annual fire safety and first aid training and can signpost Quality and Health as well as Safety advisors
- Land available to build bespoke facilities
All companies at BioCity Scotland benefit from:
The facility and our ecosystem:
- 4 MW medium pressure natural gas supply: This ensures a more than adequate capacity is available to serve plant requirements
- 5 MW high voltage (HV) ring main supply from the Supply Authority at 11kV. The 11kV network supports four transformer substations that link together within an open ring configuration, providing improved speed of restoration of service in the event of a fault
- Separate main electrical switchboards: Serving various electrical services including distribution boards and mechanical systems
- Structural Floor capacity in main lab buildings can support loadings of 4kN/m2.
- Tailor make your space: Require clean room space? Our team will work with you to optimise the space to suit your requirements.
- Signage: Company name within the entrance to the main building
- Website: A dedicated page on the BioCity/BioHub website, with links to products and to your company site
- Access to BioCity newsletters
Business Support Services:
- BioCity's events programme and extensive international networks
- Close proximity to similar businesses means potential new customers, suppliers, partners
- Local universities to source graduate and post-doc recruitment
- Deposit equivalent to three months’ rent and service charge on signing contract: refundable after termination of tenancy after deduction of any costs
- Rent payable monthly in advance by standing order
- The tenant must hold current business insurance