Sygnature Discovery is an award winning provider of fully integrated drug discovery research programmes to the global pharmaceutical industry. Our clients place particular value on the highly flexible, transparent and collaborative business model we have developed. To support this energetic and creative working environment, we have built a suite of ‘state-of-the-art’ technologies at Biocity Nottingham in which our scientists have become expert practitioners in drug discovery.
To support the increasing demand for our services, we are looking for innovative and enthusiastic computational chemists with to join our project teams. Successful candidates are likely to have a PhD in computational chemistry or a related discipline; preferably with a drug discovery background gained within a pharmaceutical company or a CRO. This role is focussed on lead generation and lead optimisation and candidates should have experience in the following areas:
- Structure based design - docking and ligand optimisation. Experience of working on fragment based design projects would be an advantage.
- Ligand based design - SAR analysis of project data sets and calculation of ADME/Tox relevant properties. This would also include core replacement work and focussed library design.
- Virtual screening - using protein x-ray structures and also a variety of a ligand based methods such as shape and fingerprint based technologies.
- Protein sequence analysis and homology modelling - experience of multiple sequence alignment and homology modelling experience across numerous protein classes, including GPCRs, would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with data pipelining tools and an ability to script in python preferred.
We offer excellent training and benefits. These include highly competitive salaries, a pension scheme, private medical insurance and life assurance. We also provide an outstanding opportunity to grow your career and technical expertise.
If you are interested in joining a successful, engaged and award winning company that places its people at the heart of its business, please send your CV, with covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org or find out more at www.sygnaturediscovery.com
Please note that candidates must be eligible and able to work in the UK. Please include details of your eligibility in your application.
Please include reference MM2914 in your application.