Job Title: Research Scientist
Job type: Full time; 12 months initially with potential to longer term
Location: Nottingham (BioCity)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Start date: Immediate
AURELIA BIOSCIENCE is a contract research organisation based at BioCity in Nottingham. We provide cell- and biochemical-based assay development and compound screening in microwell plates with innovative assay formats and readouts. Working collaboratively with a range of pharmaceutical and drug discovery clients, we design, develop and implement screening in a number of assay formats including FLIPR, FMAT, High Content Imaging, Fluorescence and Luminescence, RT PCR, High Throughput Western etc. In addition, we have our own R&D programs focused on developing novel 3-dimensional screening formats in addition to implementing differentiated iPSC’s into screening assays.
We offer a stimulating and exciting innovation-based drug discovery environment where we value individual contribution, innovation and creativity and, in return, offer a competitive package, friendly and collaborative work surroundings, and a unique opportunity to develop your skills amongst highly experienced drug discovery professionals.
This is a role for a graduate with some experience who is looking for a new opportunity
The key areas of responsibility are:
- Culture and maintain a range of cell lines including primary and stem cells
- Under supervision develop cell and biochemical assays for screening compounds
- Conduct high throughput screening activities
- Maintain good laboratory practice and accurate experimental record keeping
- Contribute to lab data discussions
We are looking for the following skills:
- A good life science degree in a relevant biological discipline
- Practical laboratory experience, preferably in an industrial environment
- Possible experience of mammalian cell culture
- Possible experience of developing biological assays
- Good team player, adaptable and flexible
- IT skills: high level of competence in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Presentation skills: ability to report findings to other staff and present at both internal and external events
- Interpersonal skills: ability to discuss technical issues in a professional manner in a commercial setting (both internally and externally)
Salary will be highly competitive and commensurate with laboratory experience and other relevant skills.